The 2008 Astro-tom.com Astrophotography
2008 Contest Rules:
Are you a fledgling astro-photographer or an experienced pro and have an
image that you'd like to
share with the rest of us? I would like to post your picture here.
- You may enter in one of four 2008 categories:
(1) Best Solar System Object; (2) Best Deep Sky
Object; (3) The Moon; and (4) Starry
- The photo must have been taken between January 1,
2008 and December 31, 2008 (inclusive).
- The photo must not have been previously entered in the astro-tom.com
- Please e-mail me with your picture. PLEASE INCLUDE information about the subject, your setup, telescope,
camera specifics, eyepiece projection if used, the exposure time of the
image, focal ration of the equipment, and the
date taken (MM/DD/YY format). (Optional - If your image is of a particular region of the
Moon or shows part of another large object, please identify prominent
features. Please feel free to include any lessons that you learned to
share with the rest of us!)
- Format: Please submit the images in .jpg or .gif format only.
- If images are larger than 1.0 mb, they will be resized for inclusion in
What do you win?
Since this is a free website and most definitely NOT run for profit, you'll win
a better prize than mere cash... You'll win the "Undying Gratitude
And Admiration Of Your Fellow Astro-tom.com Site Visitors!!" Ohhh